Monday, February 20, 2012

Asian Eyes: Gold & Taupe

It's been awhile since I've done a makeup look like this. I think the last one I did was for my circle lens review. I've been watching too many Korean dramas lately and those led me to sporting dolly-eyed makeup looks again. So basically this makeup look aims toward creating bigger and elongated eyes. This look is really good on Asians since most have smaller eyes (like mine!) however, I find that other races can pull this look off too! :) 

This focuses on eyeshadows that are limited on the small crease area and eyeliner that extends the eyes. For this kind of makeup, usually the eyeshadows are not softly blended so you could definitely see harsh edges.




Face/Cheeks:
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles - Medium Beige
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium - nice light-medium coverage
NYC Sunny Bronzer - contour the cheeks, temple, jaw & nose
NARS Blush - Deep Throat



Brows:
Wet n Wild Brow Kit

Eyes:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot - prime the eyes
L'oreal Infallible Shadow Eternal Sunshine - with a flat shadow brush, pat the shadow in the inner third of the eye keeping it below the crease
Urban Decay Busted Eyeshadow - with a flat shadow brush, pat the shadow on the remaining part of the lid still keep the color below the crease; wing out the shadow; slightly blend the harsh line using the other side of the brush  which is clean to make it look softer but keep the defined line of the shadow
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Charcoal - line the upper lashline; thicken it as you wing it out; line the other 2/3 of the lower lash line and connect it with the winged liner; don't forget to tightline
Maybelline the Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara 

Lips:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo


Eyes would look bigger with longer and fuller lashes. Add false lashes to make the final look dolly. I skipped this because I just couldn't find my lash glue. :( Circle lenses that have 14.5-15mm diameter will really make the eyes look bigger. I am wearing GEO Nudy Brown circle lenses in the photos. :) A white/peach/light pink eyeliner instead of black eyeliner at the bottom waterline would also give the illusion of brighter and wide eyes. I opted for black eyeliner since I always look weird with using white in my bottom waterline. 




38 comments:

  1. oh pretty!! I love your lip color and your little bow necklace is adorable!!!

    xx,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank my brother for the necklace! :) He gave that for Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Wow you looks so pretty!!

    xoxo from München
    La Vie Quotidienne
    www.laviequo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really good :) wish I had your skills in make up!

    www.sabrilettsarmoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I credit my makeup skills from watching too many Youtube beauty videos. :) I do like to study for it in the future.

      Delete
  4. You are so gorgeous! Great eye makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you are such a beautiful girl and that eye make up looks divine darling!
    love and kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    Love the make up, you look so pretty :) Great blog, now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty look! You have lovely eyes.
    Hi from the bloghop, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so, so pretty on you! I love it!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great look fantastic job! Love the lenses too I wish I could wear contacts again make me miss them they look so cool.
    -Ash
    Beauty-Flawed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. woww great makeup!
    following you back :D
    www.fashionfootprints.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did a good job, shaping a almond eye, looks good on you..really love this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this look on you. I love elongated eyes..I actually prefer them to rounder ones. You pulled the whole look together well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your eye make up in this! :) whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.com xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hopped over to visit! Following :)
    Great job on makeup!
    http://www.badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I´m happy here watching your job in this post.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    you are very beautiful girl.
    I'm Russian but living in S.Korea currently. I love how Asian girls look and they style.
    I really like the make-up you showed in this post.
    I definitely will try to do something similar!

    I follow you via GFC.
    Hope, you'll do the same and we'll keep in touch!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Kate


    http://charlottehouse22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check your blog right away! :)

      Delete
  17. I don't like it too much on you. I love Asians and their small eyes. It's such a beautiful feature.

    http://vaintastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's too bad. I hope you'll like my future looks.

      Delete
  18. Thank you for following back and for question about Korea.
    I like living in Korea. It's a nice climate here, a lot of beautiful beaches and AMAZING shopping. Of course, I don't like living here as much as I like living in Russia (home is home) but I appreciate Korea, because it is developing and improving so fast... much faster than Russia... I also adore Korean food. It simple dut delicious.
    Come here one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, that's cuuute! I love how it wings out, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks great on you!! Thank you for your comment :)
    I'm following you!!

    http://style-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. you and your blog are so beautiful I a your new follower via google friend connect hope you can follow back so we can keep in touch!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. The blending of your eye make up is so pretty! I'm looking forward to your future posts! :) (I'm following your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know this look.....
    Perhaps inspired by Dream High 2 more specifically by a girl named Rian? Hahaha
    I was gonna do one of her too!! :D
    And if I'm wrong well...this is embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right! Been atching DH2 too much and just love looking at their elongated eyes.

      Though Rian's everyday makeup in the drama is more "natural looking" since the inner corners of her eyes are not highlighted with gold or even a light shadow. She just accentuate the outer corner of her eyes with black/brown matte shadows and eyeliner making it look more of puppy eyes than cat eyes (with the outer half of her bottom lash line smoked with a dark shadow). :))

      Delete
  24. gorgeous makeup! you look very natural and pretty. :)

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  25. i used to have geo lenses! then i got bored of it lol! i am thinking about getting them again! love the gold <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE IT!! NICE MAKE UP1

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there my lovely! I just found you through the blog hop and I'm now following! :D you've got such a cute blog, and you're a nursing graduate! me tooooo! It was a long hard struggle but I made it and I'm now a fully qualified nurse! :D well done on graduating and I'd love it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow back?

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and reviews x

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by Fluff and Fripperies - I'm now following and look forward to your posts xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the look, it looks absolutely amazing on you (: I've been addicted to kdramas as well lately >.< xx
    http://xlittlebells.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love your look!!
    follow each others?
    www.hopethinkknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Joanne! The make up is really great! Have you tried the eyelids tapes also?

    I had a problem with the shape of my crease and such eyelid tapes helped me a lot. You can find the details about the eyelid tapes at this website http://www.eyelidtapes.com/.

    Please do let me know your thoughts about such a make-up accessory

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! :)
Leave your blog links please, I would love to check your blog out...
and I follow back too.
Love lots, Joanne